GUI For Batec's fire extinguishing systems
Product: BA 400 Fire Control
GUI developed by: TARA Systems
BATEC is a global operating company, which is specialized in the planning, installation and maintenance of highly reliable fire extinguishing systems.
The base system has been developed by BATEC together with its partner, a developer and manufacturer of complex embedded electronic products with a strong focus on miniaturization, cost optimization for their customers and just-in-time availability. For the realization of the GUI part BATEC engaged our services team in order to accelerate the development process.
The brand-new fire extinguishing system for industrial factories – BA 400 Fire Control – is the first one of its kind to contain an embedded Graphical User Interface, which offers lots of advantages:
- Excellent usability through intuitive touch and state-of-the-art operating concept.
- Better understanding of the cause of occurring problems due to realtime (more) information about the system health (warnings, history).
- Immediate availability of necessary information on the UI, so that an operator can take action quickly if needed.
- Remote or self-diagnosis is allowed to the operator.
- Multiple security levels for authorization: Important settings can only be made by certain operators.
- System is suitable for industrial purposes due to electrical and functional safety, temperature ranges and long-term availability.
The GUI was implemented in a very short time. Well pre-structured widgets and instant prototyping & simulation were of particular importance, as the GUI and the middleware could be developed in parallel.
Furthermore, the GUI is available in multiple languages, which has been developed within a single GUI project. Whenever the current user language is switched, all dependencies are evaluated and displayed automatically.
The development has been taken over by BATEC in a handover workshop, so that they can make modifications if necessary by themselves.